Friday 17 July 2015

Book Inspired Challenge

What a week! My son has been unwell and off school since Wednesday - and so close to the end of term too! Been nurse and porter for him for the past three days so not much time for crafting.

I managed to do a little mixed media heart hanging decoration this evening for a challenge in a Facebook group I admin on - Flourishing Crafters. It caters for all different crafts and experience. Novices and professionals alike and everyone in between are welcome. Our latest five day challenge was to create something with the theme of our favourite book. We had some lovely entries and I decided to create something other than a card for a change and went with this.

I used acrylic paint to coat the heart and then layered up with paper and stamped images, die cut pieces and some felt shapes and finally a brad holding a little key. Can you guess what my favourite book is? The stamps I used were Indigoblu's Alice II and the scraps of paper were from Kanban's Mechanica paper pack.

I really enjoyed making this and shall carry on experimenting with different mediums and methods! I hope you like it too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and showing some love.