Saturday 4 July 2015

Let There Be Cake!

 Cute Card Thursday Challenge - We Love Cake!

What another glorious day here in the south of England! Too hot for my cats who have been either in a shady spot in the garden (read in the overgrown grass) or indoors in a cool corner behind the tv. My youngest seems intent to sleep out the day and then venture outside when it gets cooler in the evening. Don't blame her - being black she overheats really quickly and doesn't like the heat one bit.

So - back to card making! Today I put my thinking cap on. Have a few birthdays coming up and also have some inspired blog challenges I wanted to enter so I have come up with the following. It's mostly inspired by one of my favourite things to eat - CAKE! I recently bought some lovely cupcake themed papers, brads, and stamps, but it didn't sit right so I had a think and came up with this cute topper inherited by a lovely friend. I wanted to get it bright and summery and so used a variety of papers and matched the colours when colouring the images with my Promarkers.

And here it is - very cute and quirky I think. Instead of using 3d foam pads or matting the sentiment, I used one of the lovely oversized brads I received in my pack to attach it.


I'd like to enter this card into the following blogs::




7 comments:

  1. Such a adorable card. Love your use of dots on your card. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Going Dotty Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! it was an enjoyable card to make and loved adding a few more dots on their little outfits to match the backing papers :D x

      Delete
  2. What a sweet Easter card!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Gals Corner!
    - Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! It's a great card! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Gals Corner! -Jeanie, DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card,Thanks for joining in over at I Love Promarkers.
    Lyn {DT}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner this week!
    -Mari K.
    Crafty Gals DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really cute card - that sentiment is perfect.

    Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by and showing some love.