Thursday 25 August 2016

Morpheus by Sheepski Designs

Hello there again!

I'm honoured to work on another Sheepski Design digi stamp this week, this time it's Morpheus. He is such a cutie in his flower, I'm sure you'll agree!



I've been experimenting with different mediums this week and so for the main image I printed him out on Neenah Crest cardstock and then used my new MozArt brush pen set to lay down the first colours. Once this was dry, I used my Polychromos pencils to add dimension and shading. I then added Wink of Stella in Gold on the flower and Spectrum Noir Glitter pen in green on the stem.

The background to my art journal page comprises of two patterned digi papers from Lozzy's designs over at Paper Lozzy. These particular papers can be found on her blog under freebie papers. Once I had printed off the digi papers, I ripped them and adhered them to my page with matte medium. Once they were dry, I added Liquitex Heavy Gesso in white and Liquitex glass beads gel. This added some glimmer and dimension. Once this layer was dry, I added some visual interest with some stamps from my stash. I coloured the centres of the flowers that I printed in Stazon ink in black with my MozArt brush pens. I added some bling from my stash in the centre of the flowers.

I had the 'dream' wording in my stash and I added some Distress Crayon to the edge to distress it a little, and did the same around the page where the papers end. I fussy cut Morpheus out and stuck him down then placed the wording underneath.

I'm entering my art journal page into the following challenges:


I hope you enjoyed my latest make, thanks for stopping by!

Michelle xxxx

A list of things used in this project:

Daler and Rowney Mixed Media Journal
MozArt brush markers (pack of 12). yellow, orange, brown, and both greens.
Faber Castell Polychromos Pencils.
Ranger Matt Medium
Liquitex White Heavy Gesso
Liquitex Glass Bead Gel
small decopage scissors
Caran Dache blending pencil
Wink of Stella - Gold
Spectrum Noir glitter pen - Green
Items from my stash





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by and showing some love.